- The seller shall have a documented internal system or process that includes provisions to identify, segregate, and control nonconforming material to ensure the seller does not ship nonconforming material to Star Engineering.
- All nonconforming material must be withheld from shipments to Star Engineering.
- The supplier will not be delegated the authority to process non-conformance’s or to establish an MRB for material specified on the Purchase Order for any buyer materials; unless expressly conveyed in writing by the buyer’s Supply Chain Representative.
- The only condition under which the Seller can ship nonconforming product to Star Engineering is after receiving written permission from Star Engineering:
4.1 To do this, the specifics of the non-conformance must be submitted to Star Engineering for review.
- When shipping nonconforming material, the following must be done:
5.1 The defective material must be clearly identified as nonconforming with clear marking in a non-permanent method or tagged as such if approved for shipment.
5.2 A copy of any buyer’s authorization to ship document must accompany the material and a copy sent to the Star Engineering Supply Chain Representative who will send to project Quality Assurance engineer upon receipt.